Monday, August 07, 2006

Another Reuters Picture Kill

Via Yahoo News (*) :



ATTENTION EDITORS: As a precautionary measure, Reuters has decided to withdraw all photos taken by freelancer Adnan Hajj after discovering in the last 24 hours that he altered two photographs since the beginning of the conflict between Israel and the Lebanese group Hizbollah. The first, a photograph of the aftermath of an Israeli air strike on Beirut which ran on Aug. 6, 2006, was withdrawn yesterday. At that point, Reuters terminated its relationship with this freelancer and began an investigation into all his work. Subsequently a second altered photograph was identified, of an Israeli F-16 warplane in action over Lebanon that ran on Aug. 2, 2006. Reuters has tightened its editing procedure for photographs of the conflict and regrets any inconvenience caused.


See the Jawa Report and EU Referendum for the fakery.

(*) Update 2.50pm. This Picture Kill appears to have vanished from Yahoo News. Has Reuters killed the kill?

Update 3pm. The original Adnan Hajj image is still available on Yahoo News. Update 7.45pm. No it isn't.

Previously from Reuters:

4 Comments:

Blogger jonz said...

The Yahoo link doesn't seem to work anymore

2:45 pm  
Blogger DFH said...

Cheers Jonz - it seems to have vanished. I know that Yahoo picture links are sometimes transitory but I can't find it anywhere now. Curiouser and curiouser...

2:59 pm  
Anonymous Verity said...

You've been quoted and linked at Little Green Footballs in Extreme Makeover segment! Congratulations!

10:46 pm  
Blogger shlemazl said...

Terrific blog; very funny. I'll be back

6:05 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home