Monday, July 17, 2006

My First Podcast

On the day the Chancellor of the Exchequer becomes a father for the second time, Polly Toynbee tells me about her first encounter with Gordon Brown. Listen here.


Anonymous alison said...

LOL!...can you also just for posterity..please republish that picture of Polly Toynbee reporting from her sure it was here, some months ago though but i cant find it...vf funny.

2:10 pm  
Blogger DFH said...

That pic was of Madeleine Bunting (and I've just noticed I spelt her name wrong in the caption.) I think Polly Toynbee is far too puritanical to have a chaise longue. I see the Toynbee household similar to that of Blackadder's aunt, Lady Whiteadder:

Aunt: `Chair'? You have chairs in your house?
Edmund: Oh, yes.
Aunt: [slaps him twice] Wicked child!!! Chairs are an invention of Satan! In our house, Nathaniel
sits on a spike!
Edmund: ...and yourself...?
Aunt: I sit on Nathaniel -- two spikes would be an extravagance.

8:38 am  
Anonymous Verity said...

Brown's a father for the third time. The first baby, a girl, died about two weeks after she was born. The first and last time I had any sympathy for the vile Brown.

2:23 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home