Friday, July 14, 2006

Lynne Featherstone Update

On Tuesday I drew attention to the following passage from the blog of Lynne Featherstone MP:
The only concern I would personally voice through my own experience is that I have encountered one Muslim man in a leadership position, who when speaking to me or publicly condemns suicide bombings but who amongst certain other groupings espouses tacit approval. That is not acceptable and I think is about individuals power bases.
I said that a public figure who is insincere in his condemnation of suicide bombers should be named.

I received the following email today:
Apparently a misunderstanding. Having posted this - I checked it out and it was my mistake.

Yours
Lynne Featherstone
Ms Featherstone's Hornsey & Wood Green constituency has approximately 8,000 Muslim residents. She won her seat by 2,395 votes last year.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read the entry about extremism on her blog, and sent her the following comment.....
----------------
lynne said:
"One final straw in the wind: 9% of Muslims think it would be best if they didn't integrate with the rest of society, but 16% of non-Muslims think it's best if Muslims don't integrate. Food for thought there!"

i say:
well perhaps,... 9% of muslims dont want to integrate cuz they're islamic supremacists, ....and 16% of non-muslims dont want to integrate because 9% of muslims are islamic supremacists.
hmm.. whats the common denominator there, i wonder?
food for thought indeed, but likely, not in the way you suggest.
----------------

this woman is a total spaz, if she imagines for one minute that there is a greater problem from the non-muslim side in this regard.

7:06 pm  
Anonymous Clematis Fraud said...

"Apparently a misunderstanding. Having posted this - I checked it out and it was my mistake."

How strange.

A friend of Charles Kennedy perhaps?

9:22 pm  
Anonymous Starburst said...

WTF does Featherstone mean?

10:08 pm  
Anonymous Verity said...

She means she wants to save her sleazy arse. She means that she would rather cater to a Muslim immigrant intent on destroying our ancient British law than lose her seat. (Of course, she wouldn't even have a seat if the Muslims had their way. Hey! Hey! Hey! Beards all the way! You'd lose it anyway, Lynnie.)

What did YOU think she meant, Starburst?

3:05 am  
Anonymous Starburst said...

I agree with your analysis, Verity. It's just that can anyone really be THAT stupid? Does she actually think she's convincing anyone?

11:21 am  
Anonymous Verity said...

Starburst - She's delusional.

She's lying and she thinks she's going to get away with it if she pretends it was just a small oversight.

1:46 pm  
Anonymous Verity said...

Lynne writes in her original blog: "The only concern I would personally voice through my own experience is that I have encountered one Muslim man" etc.

Next, she "corrects" her own statement regarding her own encounter with "Apparently a misunderstanding. Having posted this - I checked it out and it was my mistake."

Wha-a-a? She was speaking from "my own experience". She didn't hold a meeting with herself to see if that is what she thought? She made a mistake; that isn't what she thought at all?

I think Lynne Featherstone is deeply servile. I'll be she supports postal voting.

3:38 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home