Sunday, May 07, 2006

Andrew Marr: "Chancellor, you're a wuss"

Andrew Marr actually gave Gordon Brown quite a hard time on Sunday AM this morning:
ANDREW MARR: It's a power struggle going on, the Prime Minister has put in place core Blairite supporters around him to keep you and your people out and he's going to carry on like that for the next few years and in the end he's more aggressive, more ruthless than you are

GORDON BROWN: I don't look at it this way blah blah blah...
[...]

ANDREW MARR: You see a lot of people think that he will be watching this and he will be saying: "That's fine, I'm going to be here till 2009, I'm putting my people in, we'll see what happens then, but I'm bringing other people up through the Government. Gordon Brown is going to have a bit more of a fight at that time, but in the end, he's a decent chap, he never really comes to the front of the ring and tries to knock me out.

GORDON BROWN: I think stable and orderly transition is what people actually want blah blah blah...
I got the impression Marr wanted to grab the Chancellor by the lapels and scream: “Come on man! Now’s your chance!”

I wish Brown would make his move. The sooner he gets rid of Blair, the sooner we can start getting rid of him.

(Here's a thought - maybe it's the fabled Prescott Sex Dossier which prevents Brown from making his final move. I seem to recall there were many rumours about his confirmed bachelorhood before he finally got married at the age of 49.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Clematis Fraud said...

Ah, so the Quisling-to-be was doing the Sunday TV rounds? Again?

I don't know what "people" want but the majority of them - especially in England - don't want Brown and his clique of arse-licking, brainwashed acolytes.

There are not many politicians I can claim to 'hate'. But Gordon Brown is assuredly one of them.

12:24 am  
Anonymous Ted said...

If Marr really wanted to give Brown a hard time he would of done the following:

Once Brown had said that the Prescott affair was a "Personal Matter", Marr should of asked "If it is a personal matter then why has the DPM been stripped of his duties? Surely if there was a personal problem it shouldn't of effected his public life?"

I'd of liked to seen the miserable Scot squirm on that one.

12:25 am  
Anonymous Clematis Fraud said...

Or perhaps he could have asked The Chancellor if it is a good use of tax-payers' money to keep Prescott in ministerial luxury when he doesn't actually have a ministerial role.

Wankers. All of them.

1:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want Princess Tony to cling on by his fingertips, creating greater chaos and wreckage every day until the public never wants to hear the name Labour again. I don't want Princess Gordonette to have a chance of winning an election.

Yes, I do think these two have something on each other. I am also confident that John Prescott has a little list. Aren't you?

3:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blah blah blah...

That about sums up Gordon's contribution.

Why on earth do his supporters think that he could present himself to the electorate as a potential PM? He must be the most boring speaker in politics - some achievement!

11:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home