Sunday, April 09, 2006

Talking in Memphis

Brigitte Gabriel, a Lebanese-born campaigner who speaks on Middle East affairs and militant Islam, recounts a recent appearance at the University of Memphis in the American Thinker. Some extracts:
I was invited to give a lecture sponsored by Professor David Patterson of the Judaic Studies Program. When news about my appearance spread, the Muslim community both on and off campus launched a full-scale campaign to stop my lecture…

Dr. Patterson refused to bow to their intimidation and insisted on going on with the scheduled speech.
By the time I showed up at the amphitheater style lecture hall on campus, police officers were already standing at each entrance…

It is a sad state of affairs when any speaker on any American University campus has to be surrounded by police officers to protect their freedom of speech and person from intimidation and menace. America is the country where free speech is protected under our constitution…

At the end of the lecture the Muslims immediately in front swarmed over me questioning and intimidating. Police officers quickly moved in and pulled me out straight to the police cars as the enraged Muslims started shouting.


Read it all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rastaman said...

I'm gratified to read posts like this. Every time something like this happens, the Islamics expose their doctrine and agenda all the more. After 9/11 the average American looks on muslims with suspicion as it is and when they do something like this, it is "suspicions confirmed". As far as I'm concerned they can keep right on with their efforts to shut down freedom of speech in this country as each time they try, they get looked at all the more closely.

I see it's time I gave you a link on islamanazi.com

2:18 pm  
Blogger DFH said...

Thanks.

8:47 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home