Monday, March 06, 2006

4-year-old deals with BBC reporter.

From a Today report on the revival of the goldfinch in Britan, here's a four-year-old by the name of Duncan showing how to reply to BBC reporters with their own agendas (streaming RAM):
Sarah Mukherjee: You’ve seen all sorts of things this morning haven’t you?
Duncan: I saw a blue tit over there.
Sarah Mukherjee: Have you seen any goldfinches this morning?
Duncan: No, but I saw a blue tit over there where I’m pointing!
They don‘t listen do they Duncan?

Imagine if it had been John Humphrys interviewing him:
John Humphrys: You’ve seen all sorts of things this morning haven’t you?
Duncan: I saw a blue tit over there.
John Humphrys: Have you seen any goldfinches?
Duncan: No, but I saw a blue tit over there where I’m pointing!
John Humphrys: Oh come on! You’re honestly claiming you haven’t seen a goldfinch this morning?
Duncan: No, I saw a blue tit over th…
John Humphrys: Yes, you’ve already mentioned the blue tit. What about the goldfinches?
Duncan: I didn’t see one.
John Humphrys: You didn’t see one! But the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds has issued a report saying goldfinches are becoming far more common in gardens around the country, and yet you claim not to have seen one? The evidence is damning, isn’t it?
Duncan: I saw a blue...
John Humphrys: We’re here to talk about goldfinches, four-year-old Duncan, not blue tits. If you really haven’t seen a goldfinch, as you claim, then why not? The RSPB says they’re there! We’ve heard independent reports that other people have seen them! Why haven’t you?
Duncan: I saw a blue tit over there where I’m pointing.
John Humphrys: Four-year-old Duncan, thank you for joining us. And now the so-called weather...

1 Comments:

Blogger Clematis Fraud said...

Class!

12:25 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home