Thursday, February 02, 2006

BBC stealth-edit

Laban at Biased BBC points out that this story has been stealth-edited to remove the following line by Michael Buchanan:
Denmark's reputation as an easy-going, consensual nation has been severely tarnished in recent days.

I blogged about this yesterday - Wednesday, 1 February 2006 at 4.06PM GMT to be precise - and the quote was definitely still there because I copied and pasted it. Now take a look at the timestamp currently being shown on the BBC website:

Sneaky, huh? I wonder if they'll stealth-edit that now.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have a before and after screen grab of the page?

I've been trying to convince my flatmate that the BBC stealth edits for ages, but he won't believe me.

12:42 pm  
Blogger DFH said...

I don't I'm afraid, but I posted my comments on Wednesday afternoon, Stephen Pollard posted his on Thursday morning, and we both quote a line that is no longer there.

2:19 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home